Sunday, May 23, 2010

Let the Games Begin.....





It has been an insane month: moving, birthdays galore, trying to finish up the school year, etc... Seriously, it has been wild.  But it will all be over in mere days. I currently have 8 school days left in the year, hallelujah! This school year has almost killed me, it has definitely been my hardest one yet, but I'm alive to tell about it.  What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, right? I'm not sure if I buy into that crap, but it sounds like a nice thing.  I'm just grateful that I haven't blown my top and cursed at anyone in my class, that would not go over well, they think the s word is shut up or stupid and they think the f word is freakin.  Oh the innocence of youth.  I guess this hard year will make the summer that much sweeter, I will definitely enjoy it to the max.  To all of those unfortunate folks who don't get the summer off, we should all coordinate a summer where you quit your jobs or take a paid sabbatical and then we can party like it is 1985.  I think everyone should have summers off, it's the least America could do for its working class!

Bring on the Summer of Becca and year 25 for yours truly!

Unless my student's kill me in the next 8 days then.....Kate you can have my wardrobe and all my food in the fridge and cupboard. Al you can have my Mary-Kate and Ashley magnet (I know you've been coveting that for years) and the white brush, you're welcome. Rrrosa you can have my car and all my diamonds.

Shabbat Shalom!

10 comments:

Ally Cat said...

I seriously hated you while reading this up until the part you said I can have the white brush. But let me ask you this...who gets 10 pounder?

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

Ten pounder is dead Al and so is old yeller if you recall. It's a touchy subject let's not go there. Count your blessings MKA and the white brush, you are one lucky gal.
-B

Amy said...

what is this mk and ashley magnet you speak of? i feel a ninja attack coming on to get it on my fridge!

Haley said...

Look. I know I've been Seriously MIA lately...but writing me out of the will? I hope your kids don't kill you so I have a chance to redeem myself. I can't tell you what a hairbrush would mean to my moral these days!

Holla Summer! Somerset pool. Enough said.

Malerie said...

wait, the white brush?
like the one from when you were 5?

na said...

Wait, you're willing your car to Rrrosa? Is there something you're not telling us? Rrrosa wasn't in Minnesota recently, was she?

http://jalopnik.com/5542850/did-a-dog-crash-this-prius

Is that lady jumping with an empty beer bottle? I'm confuseded.

Ally Cat said...

Mal, don't even think about the white brush. It's mine.

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

So what if she is Neil?
-BFC

na said...

I just didn't know that was a 'thing', that's all. Like, "What are you doing for Yom Kippur?" - "Oh, I thought I'd go to the beach, maybe jump around with an empty beer bottle, you want come and take my picture?" - "Sure, we can blog about it later."

Maybe I'll try it for Memorial Day.

na said...
This comment has been removed by the author.