Fraughton background: Father Cody and Father Hal met on missions in England and have been best friends since. Brother Cody is named after Father Cody.
Kyle--Ashlee (Kyle is Cody's best friend)
1. One Christmas Seth asked for an original Civil War bayonet.
2. Once Sennett didn't change his socks for three weeks, he'd shower and put the dirty ones back on.
3. Seth also went through a hygiene challenged phase and Kate told him that if he didn't start showering she wouldn't play with him anymore. We were all grateful to Kate when Seth changed his ways.
4. Cody had a similar talk with Kyle.
5. While tubing at the cabin Seth punched Mal in the face, she was wearing ski goggles and they broke with the force of the punch and gave her an immediate black eye. Mal's attitude infused response, "That didn't hurt."
6. Mal's "gravity defying miracle ride" snowmobiling through the treetops.
7. Jodanna and Mal's cat fight almost caught on tape. Hint: it involved a brand new CJH cheerleading uniform, a bowler hat, and music.
8. Tanner always bribing us with chicken strip baskets and blizzards from Dairy Queen. IE: 1000 jumping jacks=1 medium blizzard. Why you ask? purely for his entertainment. One particular incident, Tanner talked Mal into running for as long as she could for a chicken strip basket AND blizzard. We followed her in the car, yelling discouraging remarks out the windows. Unfortunately for Mal, when she was done she was too sick to eat it so we reaped the benefits of her fun run.
9. "Geez Mal."
10. Kate and Seth rolling Sennett up in a big slap of heavy carpet and leaving him in the gym to scream until a responsible adult got home.
12. Duck hunting. Only success: when Seth finally caught the uncatchable white duck.
13. The Summer of Pogo.
14. Father Cody got very festive for Lake Powell one year, when he tried to Nair his chest while on Ambien. The result: a perfectly shaped V in the center of his chest. What does V stand for you ask? Victory
15. Kyle jumping off the houseboat onto his pregnant mother's air mattress to see if it could withstand the impact, two words.....duct tape.....and another four....what were you thinking?
16. Charli's themed birthday parties.
17. Tanner sometimes referring to older women as old battle axes.
18. Sennett...cheetos and a grape soda mustache.
19. Seth and Kate dressed Sennett up as a homeless person (he was 9) complete with drawn on beard, cutup clothes, and a sign reading "Homeless, God Bless" and had him stand outside of Albertson's begging for money so they could buy candy. A cop rained on their parade and sent the homeless boy home.
20. Mal trying to teach Sennett how to rollerblade down the enormous Somerset hill. Her words of advice before she hauled down the hill backwards? "If you crouch down, you go slower." Oh how naive. As she started nearing the bottom at a very high speed she realized she had two choices one: chance the main street intersection or two: road rash. She chose the latter. Did that deter us from our final destination...lunch at Spanky's? No my friends, we just sent her to the bathroom to clean herself up while we enjoyed our delicious sub sandwiches.
21. I don't know how we got away with watching Dumb and Dumber as children but it quickly became our favorite movie. One day at the Bountiful Bubble, we talked Sennett into walking up to Ashlee (Kyle's then girlfriend and now wife) and saying "Nice set of hooters you got there." When she exclaimed, "What?" He replied with, "the owls, their beautiful." Her face was priceless.
22. One time Cody and Charli got into an argument about which side of the family Seth got his talent from. It ended with Cody walking out of the room and Seth and Kate hysterical on the floor. Kate later claimed he got all of his talent from her.
23. Seth faking a broken arm on April Fools Day.
24. In the Fraughton house every Christmas and birthday the boys get one thing:
"Hi Seth what did you get for Christmas?"
"Ya, but it's not just any gun, it's a blah blah blah blah blah."
"Oh, cool. Well I can't wait to see you shoot it, Scott would be so proud."
25. One year, which we like to refer to as "Dream Big Christmas" all of the Fraughton's got animals: a cat, a bird, and a snake. Well within weeks the cat killed the bird, the snake disappeared and a while later the cat ran off. Well it was a valiant effort.
26. In our movie making stage we really capitalized on having a new baby around. Brand new baby Ryker became the star of our next film. Mal was the hysterical mom, Sennett was the caring husband dabbing her brow, Seth was the crazy doctor, and Kate was the nurse. Mal successfully delivered a 16 pound naked baby Ryker who refused to cry no matter how many times Seth slapped his butt, Kate saved the performance with stifled fake baby crying. The video went on to win many awards.
Thanks Fraughton Family for all the good memories, we could go on and on.