Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What is it?










This past weekend was spent at the cabin. I think that every time I go to the cabin I fall more in love with it. I don't know what it is about it that I love so much, I consider myself a girl who loves the city and the cabin is completely the opposite of that:
No internet
No phones
No T.V. (okay DVD's but no t.v. shows)
No shopping
No restaurants
I've never left the cabin thinking, oh ya I'm ready to go back to the real world, I'm always grasping at the last moments spent there. Even this summer when the Mimi and I spent a whole week there, it wasn't enough. I guess it's the feeling that time doesn't really exist at the cabin, I have no deadlines to meet, or people relying on me. I'm a "get it done" kind of girl but when I'm up there it's as if my weird OCD tendencies disappear. I feel completely content drinking 3 Dr. Peppers and eating tons of peanut butter bars, taking 2 or 3 naps a day, finishing a whole season of One Tree Hill in record time, listening to my Mimi yelling weird Spanish words while playing Mexican Train, trying to scrapbook with Celia and barely managing to get a page done over the course of the trip. The list could go on and on, I guess it's the combination of those things that make the cabin heaven on earth for me. This time of year is especially enjoyable because of the Fall colors. Oh cabin, oh bliss! Oh I know what it is...the weird crap that only happens at the cabin like Mom and Dad challenging each other to a foot race around the cabin--since when are they competative and since when do they run? Nailed it! (Someone should probably ask Kate what she had to say about this foot race).

7 comments:

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

First of all Miss Christensen, you spelled competitive wrong. K? Secondly, in my defense to the comment about Mimi and Pop's foot race, I had been watching a lot of The Office so maybe, just maybe Dwight was rubbing off on me.
Kate Halpert

Haley said...

Dear Becca, (Miss C)
Love this post. Please invite me to the cabin sometime.
I want to hear more about this footrace. Who won? Were there prizes? Why was Kate "Dwighty" about it?
Love, best neighbor everrrrrr

Celia said...

I think it's funny that Kate is trying to camouflage her "Dwightism" by signing off as Kate Halpert. I believe her true name is Kate Schrute.

I'm proud of you for leaving your OCDisms at home. The cabin doesn't tolerate such nonsense.

Who am I? "ENCHILADA!!!" Then thinking to herself, "Yes! That was the best Spanish word yet!"

Ally Cat said...

So what did Kate have to say about the foot race? Something really good I hope.

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

REVEALED: Kate's awesome comment of the weekend was.....okay mom and dad race around the cabin three times....naked!!!
Dude kate these aren't our friends....they're our parents. Sick! Totally Dwight-esque

Ally Cat said...

SICK

Malerie said...

You have 3 Dr. Peppers a day?
What happened to only 2 pops a day?! haha.