Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's Our One Year Anniversary


I'm new at this whole anniversary thing. I've never had one. In fact, neither Becca or I have ever had a relationship last long enough to require one. How great is that? One year ago today, we embarked on a very long and treacherous journey in the blogging world. We've had our ups and downs but I think one year later we have learned to live and love in a way we could never have imagined. So here's to one year of absolute blogging bliss. 

Today's blog post is dedicated to all the bad dates it took to get us to where we are today. 

Becca--Single
Ally--Single
Ashley--Single
Kate--Single
Cassie--New relationship (you go girl)
Rrrosa--Long-term boyfriend

Becca:  As some of you might know, Becca has had a bit of a history with recurring allergic reactions. She hasn't had one in a few years (knock on wood), but she used to have them fairly often. The problem was that we didn't know what she was allergic to, so the reactions would come on without any warning. Well one evening Becca was on a date with this boy. The date was going fine until the drive back to our house. Becca felt an allergic reaction coming on and realized she had to give herself an epi-pen shot to stop the reaction. So she jumped in the back seat and told her date not to look while she took her pants off and stabbed herself in the leg with the epi-pen. The recently returned missionary drove at an exceptionally slow pace with his eyes bulging out of his head the whole way home. Upon arriving back to the house, Becca bolted from the car with a quick, "See ya" and left the poor kid to sort out what had just happened in the back seat of his car. 

Ally: Met in the Liberty Square (apartment complex in Provo) hot tub.  Asked her out for the next night. They went to Utah Lake for 3 hours and sat in his car. He put his hand on her knee and said, "Can I touch you there?" To which she hesitantly replied, "Sure..." He was currently aspiring to be in the Mormon Tabernacle Handbell Choir (does that even exist?). While sitting in the car they only listened to EFY music to stay spiritual for his splits with the missionaries on Friday and Saturday nights and his full-time job at the MTC. He told her he'd told his Mom all about her and asked if it was okay to tell people they were dating now (in the middle of their first date). The next day he called and she looked at her phone and immediately put it down. He was right behind her. Then he gave her a hand full of gerber daisies and said he just couldn't wait until May 16 (it was March), her birfday. She later had her friend call him to "break up". 

Ashley:  She was set up on a blind date who showed up an hour late. He took her off-roading in his "sweet Subaru". Then they went to a gas station to fill up a bunch of jugs of gasoline and drove out to the old Payson mine shaft. They were in a big group and the guys proceeded to put paper towels in the gasoline jugs, light them on fire and throw the "gasoline bombs" down the mine shaft. The cops showed up and threatened to get them all kicked out of BYU. Needless to say, Ashley never saw him again. Lucky girl whoever ends up with that cat. 

Kate: My dad made me go out with the son of this guy he knew at work. He insisted on picking me up even though he lived in Murray. He arrived at 6PM sharp, five minutes later I was telling him I couldn't be home late because I had to "get up early" the next day(little trick I learned from Seinfeld). We met up with his childhood "bud" and his girlfriend, went to dinner and then headed to Murray for a "surprise" (seriously?). Well, the surprise turned out to be two-in-one!! The first was that I got to meet his WHOLE family (on the first date). Then we went into the backyard and played board games in a tent. A tent. 7 hours later (1AM) he was taking me home where I might've fallen asleep while he was rambling on and on about how it might be hard for us to date when he went back to Utah State and I went to Provo (big worry of mine too). I call this my marathon date.

Cassie:  She got asked out by this guy in her ward. He asked her to bring sandwiches because he didn't want to spend money on dinner. He showed up wearing a purple, velour shirt (nuff said). When Cassie walked out of her room wearing jeans, he said, "Ew, you should probably wear a skirt cause we're going to an outdoor symphony." Cassie reluctantly went to change and when she came out in a skirt he sighed with a smile, looking her up and down (yuck). The "outdoor concert" turned out to be the soundtrack to The Lord of The Rings. While eating the apples he brought for dinner, he started rubbing her back. Cassie leaned forward to escape his pale, bony hands and gave him a dirty look. The rest of the semester Cassie had to pretend that she had a boyfriend so LOR boy would stop stalking her.  Oh and did I mention that he has his own jewelry making business? Could this get any better? Nope. 

Rrrosa: Never had a bad date in her life. Figures. She's got the body of a dog goddess. 

Now, I would encourage y'all to comment (everyone will be able to do it now) and give us your feedback. Any constructive criticisms or requests that might help make our blog even more awesome than it already is. K punkins? HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 comments:

Haley said...

Wow. Wow, wow, wow. I am absolutely speechless.
Here's my worst date,
So I met this guy in the Liberty Square hot tub once, he invited me over to his tent and we listened to lord of the rings for a while. then, randomly, he started taking off his velour shirt, so i stabbed him with my Epi-pen that i keep with me at all times. the other day, i found out that he owns a small jewelry business, so i made a couple bombs out of gas and paper towels and threw them at the building.

oh wait...i think that's actually someone elses story. i'm kinda like Rosa to be honest...goddess body, really good luck with men.

weird.

haley

CFlo said...

You guys should just date each other... oh wait, you already are!! Just kidding!!

Becca, you forgot to mention our gun date that I so totally bombed at. But it definitly wasn't as bad as the one you posted.

Ally, you should've dated that guy just to say you dated the bell boy of the Mormons.

Kate, you should've slapped the guy and tipped his tent!

Cassie, you should've dated him till you got a free jersey.

and Rrrosa, hey, how you doin?

Ally Cat said...

Wow, we're pathetic losers. Good thing Cassie has been able to bounce back from the hell that is our dating lives. Happy anny. to my ladies! HOLLA!!!

P.S. I heart C-FLO.

Bain Becomes a Master said...

If blogging entries could compete in the olympics, that entry would win GOLD! That was absolutely hilarious!! Becca's story trumps you all! YOU GO BOO! ha ha!!

rich said...

Becca: I am fascinated by the Epi-Pen story. Did you go to the hospital after or just jab yourself with the Epinephrine?

Ally: You story was by far the MOST awkward. Girls, stereotypically, have that crazy gene BUT sometimes boys just take the cake.

LOR guy sounded awesome too. He is one of the few guys that has recognized that girls love it when a guy is ULTRA CHEAP. Right?

Celia said...

Oh ladies. I'm just left wondering how you all still have the courage to continue on on this journey. I really wish I could share a sad dating tale with you but alas, I never once had a bad date. They were all perfectly dreamy, like the time most of my friends road to our Senior Prom in limos but my thespian date and his friends thought chartering a huge BUS would be more fun. Those were good times. So don't worry ladies, keep your chin up.

Cody and Nikell said...

Now that was funny! Happy Anniversary ladies!

Velour? Yikes.

I have my own LOR nightmare date. No details here, but it didn't help that it was premiere midnight movie. You know me, I don't love movies, and certainly not at midnight. I was probably asleep before the movie started.

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of my baby girls. Your mother didn't have a decent date until she met me, so hang in there and the right guys will show up and they'll live happily ever after with the most wonderful girls on planet earth.

becca said...

great post.

i liked cassie's the best.

Anonymous said...

Ladies: Cabin fever sometimes affects even the strongest. Do you worry there's no cure??

CFlo said...

I think this has inspired me to create the most awkward and creepy date ever, and try to make my date feel as uncomfortable as possible, just to see how bad it can really get. Besides, it'll give her a great story to tell a few years down the road.

I'm thinking, something with a star wars theme to it?

Kyle and Ashlee said...

Speaking of dates....I really want to take you out Kate. My heart longs for a girl like you. Haley is great and all....but these pics I am seeing of you are really melting my heart. Give me a chance. I will even give up basketball for you. Think about it.
Nathan Scott

Anonymous said...

My Dearest Nathan,
I'd give it all up for you so stop beggin. Actually don't, I kinda like it. You just said the word and I'm all yours Nathan Scott.
Love actually,
Kate Scott
(Has a nice ring to it doesn't it?)

Anonymous said...

Oh Skank that just seriously made me laugh out loud at work. Best stories ever.

Let me enlighten you on mine... Blind date that the kid was break dancing in his front room for me, talked through the WHOLE movie, tried to kiss me, I turned my head, then he says, "oh! rejection!" Yet goes for another like the second one will work? Haha, all I could say was, "really bud, this isn't happening." and that was that. WORST DATE EVER.

However all you ladies seem to top that! Happy anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

Once I went on a date with this girl and I really liked her........but then I saw that she had bad ear wax and I bloodied my own nose with a swift punch when she wasn't looking, so I could say that I had to go home.

na said...

Yea anonymous - always check the ear wax. ALWAYS. Best time is right before she tries to make out with you.