Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Job is Better Than My Mom's

First things first, this blog is currently under construction. I can't get the background color to change. Blah

These are the reasons I'm fairly confident my job is better than my Mom's:
1. Yesterday this boy wrote this in his journal and was not ashamed to sing it in front of me and the entire class. And yes he wrote down all the nah nah nah's. Awesome.

2. Yesterday I overheard this conversation while they were lining up.
Boy 1: I want McCain to win.
Boy 2: No way, I want Obama.
Boy 1: No, Obama wants to raise taxes.
Boy 2: Well McCain is about to die.

3. A few weeks ago I asked my class if they knew who the current president was......first I saw a bunch of blank faces and then a very confident hand went up. When I called on the confident hand he replied with, "George.....George Clooney."
Oh how bright America's future looks huh?

4. Recently a tearful girl came up to me and said, "Teacher, Lexi pinched my bum." So of course I had to crack the whip on Lexi by saying, "Did you pinch Abby's bum?" She said nothing but had a very guilty wide-eyed stare. I said, "No more pinching bums okay?"
I get paid to say this crap. Seriously?

5. I was talking to one of my ladies about Christmas and I asked her what she wanted. She said, "a lion, or a tiger, or a giraffe." I replied with, "wow, that would be fun, but where would you keep it?" She thought for a second and said, "well I have a living room."
Hello! Obviously the perfect place to keep a large wild beast.

6. The most adorable little trouble making boy with the best Lloyd Christmas haircut I've seen in years came up to me and whispered, "teacher I can't get the snap on my pants to snap." I said, "well try one more time, if you can't get it I can do it for you." He said, "I don't want everyone to see my underwear teacher, it's white."
Imagine the humiliation.

I won't go on. The good news is, here is an open invitation to volunteer in my classroom anytime. It's like a free comedy club. Happens everyday.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Maybe you don't have any comments on this because all of your friends that work are offended. You should probably use the title "Why my job is so awesome". It sounds like you are saying my job is awesome and too bad yours isn't so awesome!Don't you still love it when your Mom tells you what to do? I Love you MOM (your job is better than mine)

Two Ladies and No Baby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Two Ladies and No Baby said...

Dear Mimi-
I changed the title. Thanks for telling me what to do online and publicly so all of cyberspace can be involved, usually it's in the privacy of our own home.
PS Please don't ground me, Ally's really hard to get along with.

Ally Cat said...

Hey I resent that previous comment and the previous title of this post. GO MIMI!

Malerie said...

Your job is way better than mine... i love reading about your crazy kids.
i still can't believe your a for reals school teacher.... that's just so weird to me!

na said...

My question is what is the story with the camera work on that shot? The kid isn't even in the frame. It's weird.

Miss C. said...

Dear Neil,
You can't record kids and put them on the internet without parental permission. It's against the law.
Sincerely, Teacher