Friday, November 7, 2008

Flashback Friday


We need to do Flashback Friday more often because childhood, no matter who you are, is weird and hilarious. Kate and I were talking about this memory the other day and it's definitely cyberspace material.


When Kate and I were between the ages of lets say 4 and 12 we had a little secret. We didn't know it was a big deal until we had a little bus stop encounter. Weird stuff happens at bus stops people--like sometimes people bring beef in a baggy to the bus stop in the morning and knaw on it until the bus comes and throughout the whole bus ride. Anyway...that's besides the point. So one uneventful morning at the bus stop some kids were talking about underwear and how they knew some siblings who shared underwear. They were acting so appalled and disgusted as they were telling this story. Then the storytellers turned to us and said, "you guys don't share underwear do you?" Kate and I looked at each other with horrified faces, screaming from the inside, please lie, please lie, please lie. By the grace of heaven we both replied with, "oh no, never!" I remember our conversation as we walked home from the bus stop that day:

Kate: "Geez, I didn't know sharing undies was that bad."

Becca: "I know, we're the same size and it all looks the same I don't see what the big deal is."

Kate: "We have to start writing our initials on our undies."

Becca: "I know, think of how bad it would be if they knew we've always shared undies."

Kate: "Mom is not going to be happy about this."
*Once again, this picture has nothing to do with this post except maybe they are walking to or from a bus stop. I just really like it and I think it needs to be appreciated. Holla!

7 comments:

Ally Cat said...

This is hilarious. I think I just went my pants. Anyone want to borrow my undies?

na said...

I feel like you people have enough weird stories to last the rest of the century even if you don't do anything between now and then besides write them down.

Amy said...

hilarious! only you two would have a sweet story like that!

Anonymous said...

Oh bus stops. Remember ours outside of Sayner's house? And Brittany would come down the hill with wet hair and in the winter it would turn to icicles!!!

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

Oh yes, I remember that. I also remember Britt forgetting to wear a bra. Ha ha. Love it.

Haley said...

earlier today i thought to myself, "why am i such good friends with those chrinchin-chin people?"

you've answered my question.

Anonymous said...

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, could you guys put some new music on the blog? Preferrably, the Ramones or anything from the Coyote Ugly soundtrack...........did I spell preferrably right?