Thursday, August 12, 2010

You're 23? You look like you're 16.

How many times have I heard this sentence? Twice this week. What an original thought!

Did you think that maybe I wouldn't enjoy hearing you say that before it just spilled out of your mouth? I'm guessing not. Do you think I'm not FULLY aware of my youthful looks? Apparently not.

In the past, I used my youthful-looking-ness to my advantage. Like perhaps admission to movies at the kid price. But all that is over now.

These days, when a dude picks me up for a date and the first thing he says after getting in the car is, "How old are you?" ... Really, guy? You couldn't have thought up a more creative way to get me to divulge my age? Lucky for me, this isn't going anywhere. I knew it from the first moment I laid eyes upon your overly large tired truck and pinky ring.

"But you'll love it when you're older."

...

.......

Thanks.

That really means nothing to me at this point in time.

Oh.. and I'm still the chubby sister.

Serenity now!!!!

8 comments:

Funk Master B said...

C'mon, tell us how you really feel. ;)

Ally Cat said...

Poor Kate....looks youthful and vibrant, must be tough. And chubby? Geeter, I'll give you some credit for an entertaining post (especially with the pinky ring- GRODY!), but call me when you get a stretch mark and then I'll give you some real sympathy.

Good day to you Madam.

Ninjas said...

Finally! The chubby sister issue is being addressed! Jk. You're funny. And skinny. You need to have fun with this. If pinky-ring boy asks you your age..say 15. You aren't interested anyway...

Malerie said...

but at least you know you're 23! that's always important to remember

Haley said...

I'm eating deep fried green beans, so who's the chubby sister now?

I hate men. Especially ones with trucks and PINKY RINGS?! Seriously?

na said...

People are stupid. Next time you should just tell the guy you forgot something inside, go back in, watch a movie and eat cheese and crackers. I love cheese and crackers. They're delicious.

Anonymous said...

First of all you are not chubby--you are perfect and second of all looking young is a gift so be grateful for it. From your mother who thinks you are adorable,funny,smart....etc.

Jodanna said...

Ahhh.... I can feel your pain Kate!!! Only, I am now 31 & I STILL hear, you look like you are 16. Nice. I have two kids. People tell me all the time how great it is that I am a young mom. I'm not young, I am old- and too tired to disciple the little monsters. That is why they are running around naked. Ahhh, the joys! You will feel my pain some day too! But I will love it when I am 50 & I still look 16. Right? Hmmm.