Monday, April 19, 2010

Tent Dweller

We have a friend that we will call  Neila.  He is a young male of Egyptain decent, and like his ancestors, the pyramid builders.....and I don't know where I'm going with that, I just wanted to say pyramid builders.  Anyway....Neila lives in a tent, I don't know how else to say it. Why, you ask? You could come up with a few reasons:
1. Maybe he is too poor.
2. Maybe he has nowhere to live.
3. Maybe he's a cheapskate.

bing bing bing, number 3 is the winner.

It's not that he doesn't have enough money, he drives an Acura for sobbing out loud.

It's not that he has nowhere to live, it's Provo, there are tons of rat holes to live in.

Neila has lived in this tent since the Fall. Although scrawny upon first glance, and second glance, he is a survivor, a winter tent dwelling, sleeping bag sporting, carpet insulating, gym showering, tent enthusiast. In fact, he likes it, he even prefers sleeping outside.

So here's to seven months of bleak, winter tent dwelling, 2 feet  away from a house.  Neila you really outdid yourself this time, even for an Egyptian.




6 comments:

Celia said...

Apparently it doesn't stop "Neila" from bringin' in the chicks! Who's the blond with the bangin' bod? ;)

Celia said...

Hilarious post, btw. First time I've laughed all day. It actually hurt my achy, weak, poor, fragile, falling-into-ruins, sickly body but it was worth it.

(See what I did there? Laid on the self-pity a little too thick, didn't I?)

Ally Cat said...

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival to the tent. Not that I had any expectations, but if I had, this tent blew them out of the water. It's spacious (believe me I know), orderly, and astonishingly comfortable. And the best part is, Neila has the choice of 3 tv's for his viewing playsure. Oh and Neila. the sheets on your tent bed are quite luxurious. Are they sheets of Egyptian cotton???

Ally Cat said...

Cel, you get better and better with time (no this isn't an old lady joke).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Celia said...

Thanks Al. I'm sure that compliment wasn't biased at all. But freak, this old lady will take it any way she can get it!