Tuesday, September 21, 2010

If life was a dream, would you dream it again? -SCF




This came spilling out onto paper today at work.


9/21/2010



Today is Seth's twenty-first birthday. It seems crazy that the last time I saw him he was only seventeen. There is no way that much time has passed. Last night I couldn't stop thinking about him. Every time I closed my eyes, I could see his face, like he was standing right in front of me. It was comforting to know that I could still remember every little detail of that face. His freckles, dimples, and blue-gray eyes. Eyes that I would recognize anywhere. Oh how I miss those dimples and those eyes.

Last night, as I was laying in bed thinking about him and how much I wanted to see him, I got an immediate feeling that he had laid down right next to me and put his arm around me. I had felt him do this many times before, but not for a long time. I felt his spirit and his warmth surround my whole body. I wanted more than anything to have him near me and through God's tender mercies, he came. He came to let me know that he was still here. I knew that he needed me to know that when I still needed him, he would still come. He was still taking care of me. It was enough, to close my eyes and feel him holding on to me, even though I couldn't see him. For the first time, in that moment, it was enough. I will never forget that feeling for as long as I live.



Happy 21st boy. I love you..

10 comments:

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

What a nice golden birthday! I heart Seth, i wish we could all play 'if then' on top of the houseboat to celebrate.
XOXOXO
-beck

Bain Becomes a Master said...

Amazing. I stayed up 'til 12:30 am reading "The Message." Your post goes perfectly with that book. I believe.

Malerie said...

Love him. Love you.
jealous that you felt him. i need some of that.
pretty much almost made me cry reading this.

cort, that is a fantastic book, i love it.
kate, if you haven't read it, you need to!

Kaley and Jeremy said...

Kate, I love you and I love what you wrote.

The Bairds said...

great tribute ratty! love you!

Ally Cat said...

What an amazing experience. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Kate--thank you for sharing this experience. I miss him too but I know he is close by. It comforts me to know that he is watching over you. I love him too. MOM

Haley said...

i love settie and i love you. you've got me in tears.
good post neighbor.

DUSTIN said...

what an incredible experience for you to have! thank you for sharing it!! love ya girl
chels

Anonymous said...

"God knew the challenges [we] would face, and He certainly knew how lonely and troubled [we] would sometimes feel. So He watch[es] over His mortal family constantly, hear[s] their prayers always, but in times of special need, He [sends] angels. . .to bless His children, reassure them that heaven [is] always very close. Usually such beings are not seen. Sometimes they are. But seen or unseen they are always near." -- Jeffrey R. Holland, Ensign, Oct. 2008.
So glad you were given that amazing experience. What a testimony you have born! Love you Kate.
--Charli