Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Running Pains

I ran the Ragnar last June. I don't even like to run. But I did it. After the Ragnar I went on a little running hiatus. It was glorious.

Now I'm reading the book Born to Run, to see if I could will myself to start running again. And not only that, I want to like running. I would kill to like running!

So I went for a run yesterday. A little jog around Sugarhouse Park. How did it go you may ask? Well... not that good. The cold air caused my asthma to act up so I was having coughing fits. (What am I, 80?) And after the run, I started getting this pain in my abdomen, like I pulled a muscle or something. How in the hail do you pull a muscle in your stomach while running?

Today, I'm sore. Real sore. And not the good kind of sore. I may have to reconsider running. How depressing.

I'm a ball sport kind of gal. Basketball. Football. Baseball. When I'm running for a purpose, then I enjoy it. But what the frick is the point of running just to run? I don't get it. Who wins? Nobody. Especially not my strained abdomen. If I'm going to kill myself running, I want to win!

Does anyone want to play a sport with me? Consistently? To get into shape? I'll do anything, excluding running.

Sorely Yours,

KFC

2 comments:

Bain Becomes a Master said...

My book FINALLY came in the mail yesterday. Needless to say, I won't have it done in time, but I am going to read it today.

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree with you more!! Seriously, what IS the point if there's no winner?
--Charli