Friday, June 21, 2013

Mustache Talks...

I have a dude who I'm getting married to in October. He's the best of everybody and my very own redhead for all of eternity. I'm honored to call him mine because he's everything I could ever need or want in a dude. It has taken us 1.5 years to get to this point, and I will take all the credit for that! I'm a real slow mover, like the slowest! He told me he never worries about me cheating on him because it would TAKE me sooo long to get comfortable enough to kiss someone else. Plus I have a real battle axe of a conscience. I don't open up easily, you know, I'm one of those people.

Probably about a year or so ago, Nick would want to talk about serious stuff and I would stiffen all up and get weird. I hate serious talks. I'm a card writer so I rarely say my feelings out loud. I'd much rather write them down. It was this constant battle between the two of us. After the 2nd or 3rd talk I suggested that we come up with some sort of sign that signified the talk was serious. Instead of saying "we need to talk about something," which I cringe at, he could hold up the sign and I'd know right away. Enter the mustache. There is a story behind the mustache but I won't get into it. I'm just here to say that this simple pointer finger placed right below the nose has made our conversations so much more bearable. It adds some much needed humor to some non-humorous conversations. You can't not smile when someone is talking with a mustache finger held up to their face, it's genius and perfect. I've told a few people about this weird solution and they are hysterical. It may sound ridiculous, but man it sure works for this duo. Give it a whirl, and tell me you're not in love with it.


One night we were in Dallas (where Nick is from) and tiny Nick had something real important he needed to talk to me about. 

Mazel!


3 comments:

mia said...

OH I love this so much! You are the best and I'm so so happy for you and Nick! Also, I'm going to try this with Rich sometime..hehe.

Amy said...

That is hilarious! I love it! So happy for you!

Ally Cat said...

I sure like this.