Tuesday, February 12, 2008
So I'm posting. KATE is finally posting. I posted Rrrosa's tag, but apparently some people still aren't satisfied. So here we go, 7 things you may not know about me.
1. I like those colorful wafer cookie things. You know, the ones that are pink, white and chocolate. They kinda taste like cardboard at first, but after a couple they start tasting pretty good. Secretly, I've always really liked them. Whenever I am traveling and we stop at a gas station for some re-fuelage, I always see those tasty wafers, and I never get them because I don't want to be made fun of. But what do I care if people think I'm retarded for liking those wafers, I like em, so I'm going to start buying em.
2. Every week I have a special, designated day where I wear sweats. I call it 'Sweat Pant Monday'. Everyone can agree that Monday's suck, right? So I decided long ago, probably my sophomore year in high school, that sweats can and should be worn on a regular basis. In fact, I spent most of my high school days, in full sweat suits and moccasins, with my hair slicked back into a wet bun, with no make-up and a soda in hand. If you're wondering whether or not these fashion statements made me climb in the social ranks, the answer is, you betcha! People worshipped me! So, I invite everyone to join me on 'Sweat Pant Monday' for a fun-filled day, of comfortable bliss.
3. I worked at a golf course in high school. What did I do at this golf course you might ask? Well, my official title was 'Cart Girl'. But once I had been there awhile and figured out how everything worked, I created a system. I would pull 20 to 25 carts out and then go in the back room of the pro shop, lounge on the recliner, and watch TV. If I was working a morning shift, I had to get up at 5 in the morning and that just isn't easy for me. So after I pulled a bunch of carts out I would slumber in the recliner. If there was nothing good on TV I would read. Or watch movies. The point is, I was the best employee Davis Park Golf Course ever had. Except, my manager did ask one of my friends also working there, if I had a social disorder. Ah, ya win some, ya lose some.
4. Remember Necco Wafers? You know, the chalky, circular wafers that come in roll form. I believe they still sell them although I don't know why. Well, my best friend Seth and I used to eat Necco wafers all the time. Not because they were tasty, or that they were cheap, but because we liked saying their name. Necco Wafers. And we would say Necco wafers in a high pitched voice. Every time we said it, we would both crack up and continue eating our chalky, nasty candies. Weird, I know.
5. When I was a small child, I punched a girl in the face. Yeah, you heard me right. I punched her right in the kisser. I'm generally not a violent person, I leave that up to Becca, but on that day, I was fed up. My mom dropped me off at Sarah Stosage's house while she ran some errands. I hated the girl, but apparently my mother didn't believe me or something. Anyway, Sarah was a non-sharing, bossy, little rat. After Sarah gave me another ridiculous order, I clenched my fist and gave her my best shot. She started screaming and crying naturally. When my mom found out I was grounded. The good news is, I never had to go back to stupid Sarah Stosage's house again. Holla!
6. I like to dance. Not the choreographed, skilled dancing. But the 'freestyle' if you will. Yes, I am aware that I am a little white girl from Farmington, Utah. But I still can break it down. There will be dancing at my wedding, and I will require all members of my family to break it down with me AND my hot husband. Excluding my dad, of course(Just joshin' dad). Anyway, the point is I can bust a move it the mood and music catches me right.
7. I want to be Elaine Benis from Seinfeld. She is one of my heros. Okay, so she might not be a 'good' person, and she might not have 'great' morals, and she might not be the most 'honest' person on the planet, but people, she is freakin' bold. She will stand up to anybody at anytime. She doesn't take any crap! I wish I could be so bold. Like when Jerry's girlfriend has a wad of kleenex and Elaine asks her for one to blow her nose, and the girlfriend says, "No, I can't. I don't have a square to spare." Elaine gets all offended so when the girlfriend has to go the bathroom at the restaurant, Elaine runs in there before the lady and steals all the toilet paper out of the stalls. Then when the girlfriend is in the stall and realizes there's no toilet paper, she asks Elaine if she would pass some toilet paper under the stall. Elaine smugly says, "Sorry, I don't have a square to spare." The girlfriend says, "You!" "And Elaine comes barreling out of the bathroom, arms full of toilet paper rolls. It is the coolest. I want to be like Elaine.
So there you have it. I hope all you post nazi's will get off my back now.
Posted by Two Ladies and No Baby at 12:32 PM