Thursday, February 5, 2009

Slump-Bustin'


Have any of ya'll ever been in a slump? A drought? A dry spell? A funk? A shortage? A recession? A stagnation? A deficiency? 

For an undisclosed amount of time (don't pry, I'll never tell), I have been involved in a shortage. A shortage of one particular need. A need that might be considered essential at this point in my life. In fact, I'm told it's quite abnormal that I'm NOT participating in this activity, especially during college. Whoo! College! It's crazy!! (Seriously though, it's not.  Not if you're sober)

Are you picking up what I'm putting down? Those of you who have experienced this kind of stagnation know what I'm going through. And you are the people that I want to talk to. Those of you who don't know what I'm going through, you can just keep your busy mouths shut. I don't want to hear it. You married people, well, I don't have much to say to you either. 

I'm not saying I need a boyfriend (although, I am a little low on cash and could use somebody paying for my meals). I'm saying that I need a slump-buster. A good old-fashioned slump bustin' night 'o fun. At this point I'm even considering "slaying a dragon", although that's not really my style. But still, I'm thinking about it. 

The fact is, I think I need some help. Professional or otherwise. How's a girl supposed to break out of a funk all by herself? I don't know... Maybe I'll just do what my Grandma Mary always said, go join a Nunnery and forget about boys. At this point, that idea isn't looking too bad. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I'd love to line you up. How about it? I have good taste (just look at your Dad--not the hucking lugee off the deck Dad of course) Just say the word and it's done. MOM

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

Thanks... Mom

Haley said...

To the Convent!

OR: to the man-brothel.
do they have those?
somebody hook a sister up.

i smell what you're steppin' in, neighbor.
i crave the arousal of a slump-buster, also.

and watching oth re-runs doesn't reealllly cut it anymore, if you know what i'm sayin'
(our UVSC Nathan-lookalike is engaged.)

love, Sister Mary Catherine Anne Josephine

Ally Cat said...

Geet, I know how you feel. Although I've been [gettin'] busy lately, at least a tad bit busier than I usually am, I really do know how you are feeling. Don't get me wrong, I have standards and everything, but sometimes a girl must slay a dragon to start the ball rolling. I mean, just look at the first half of my senior year of college. You gotta do whatcha gotta do. You're my girl Geet and you're a fetchin' hottie so I really wouldn't worry too much about it.
BTW, great vocabulary....you must be a genius, or you had a GENIUS help you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Witter and Kway said...

Man, you girls are cute! I'm going to post some pictures of kellie on my blog in the next couple of days so be on the lookout for them.

Celia said...

Katelyn,

I have to admit, I had a pretty stellar record while in college (and I don't mean "slump" record, if you know what I'm sayin'). HOWEVER, I also have to admit, what you call "dragon slaying," I called a "low pride night," and I did have my fair share of those. Sometimes a girl's gotta do ... what she shouldn't, but still does anyway.

Work it out lady. I got your back.

Cels