Monday, October 12, 2009

Dear Columbus, if I had a day, it would be better than yours

Today is Columbus Day and I am stuck in the library. How does one get their own day? Must I become an explorer and discover great lands? Well guess what, it's 2009 and every land has been discovered. I'd say there was a slight advantage in 1492 when Columbus sailed the ocean blue.

I wish I was in elementary school today instead of college. I want to color the Nina, The Pinta, and the Santa Maria. Wow, I can't believe I can remember those names. I just reached back into a dusty corner of the "grade school crap" part of my brain.

I wish I had my own day. If I had my own day, there would be no work or school, everybody would sleep in, go out to eat, take a nap, and play whiffle ball. Yeah... that would be my day. Oh and at the end of the night, we would sing Christmas carols in front of the fire. What a great day.

Something they probably didn't teach you in elementary school was that the great Columbus died of Syphilis. Now that's a bad way to go.

Happy Columbus Day!

6 comments:

Malerie said...

all i can say is, my day would be WAY better then your day.

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

Dear Mal,
You are no longer invited to attend my days' activities. Have fun by yourself while the rest of America enjoys a glorious, life-enhancing day.

Haley said...

If I had a day, we'd all find make-out buddies and go at it for 24 SOLID HOURS.
Can I get a what what!?
Colombus got nothin' on me,

haleyanne

Haley said...

I'd like to add after a little investigation...that Colombus' first wife either died, or was abandoned by him. And soon replaced by a twenty-year-old orphan. I wonder which one gave him the syph...?

Amy said...

haha I want to know what you would call your day?

Daynna said...

I'd definitely let you have your day if we could do all those things. Of course, Christmas carols would get a little old after a while... we could definitely improvise though with some good, solid, toe tappin' songs.