Sunday, October 31, 2010

Answering the most broad question with just 13 words.


The two ladies went to church today like two little Mo Fo's should (Mormon Folks, best misunderstanding of an acronym ever). Well, after we had been dodging the Relief Society presidency for several weeks now, due to our moving out of the ward boundaries, we were finally cornered. The Pres. and one of her counselor's wanted to sit down and "get to know us". After all the pleasantries and small talk, the counselor dropped a nuclear bomb of a question... 

"What are your hopes and dreams?" 

...

......

Becca and I both exchanged an uneasy glance. All the while sarcastic comments trickled into my brain as they tend to do like, "Well I always wanted to be in the WNBA. Or ideally, I would like to play baseball professionally, you know, like the first girl to play with the boys. I'd also like to own a yacht, travel the world, and get paid to write about it. Oh, and I would also like to marry a trust fund baby... or a doctor already done with school." 

While I was entertaining myself in my head, I hear Becca answer the hugely ambiguous question in just 13 words. 

"I would really like the Jazz to win the whole thing this year." 

NAILED IT!

Later, we both agreed that the Jazz winning the championship was top 3 on our list of hopes and dreams. Mine also includes the Cubs breaking their 102 year World Series drought. 

****************************

Now, all you twoladies lovers, let me ask you one question: 

"What are YOUR hopes and dreams?"



9 comments:

Haley said...

hahahahahahahaha
oh my gosh, yes.
yes.

i once answered "to get out of this student ward unmarried and semi-sane."

i got a lot of awkward smiles in response.

DUSTIN said...

I think you are great.

Michael Que said...

Looks like we're ridin the same dream train. Millsap with 30 and 16 tonight? Yep. Dream number two: rat finks taking the ship...

becca said...

ugh. ugh. i'm no longer the pres, just so you know, but i would never have asked that question.

Mike said...

I'd like to see your RS president's blog today about the two half-wits she interviewed at church yesterday! But the joke's on her, she's the half-wit. Let's hope she learned her lesson with that question. And let's hope Milsap doesn't single handedly give me a 9-2 beat-down in fantasy basketball ever again.

Ally Cat said...

world peace

Funk Master B said...

I want to live in a van down by the river.

Malerie said...

this made me laugh.
really hard.
then i read it to nate, and he laughed too.

look for us at the Heat/Jazz game on Tuesday... we'll be the ONLY people (i'm sure) sportin' Jazz Jerseys!

Jen said...

That's easy. Not only is the Jazz winning a championship in my top 3... It's my number 1. Yep, that's right, the Jazz come before all.