Friday, January 13, 2012

I'm In Love...

"I'm in love, I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!"

Something you may not know about me is that I'm very loyal. Something else you may not know about me is that I'm an avid sports fan. Combine the two and what do you get? Complete and utter misery, for the most part anyway. Why? Well, because I'm a Utah Jazz fan. 

"You're in a small market." Yeah, I know. "No superstars want to play there." Uh huh. "You'll never win a championship." What the %$#*!@#??!?!?!?! (and this is when I verbally abuse whoever is talking)

Do we always win? No. But we have tons of heart and are scrappy as hell.  I'd rather cheer for a team like that than say, the Heat or Lakers, any day. They don't have heart, all they have is cash $. And last time I checked, money don't buy love. 

Why would we ever watch sports if we always knew who was going to win? Ever heard of underdogs? Ever heard of comebacks? That's what we as sports fans live for! And guess what else? When we finally do win the whole thang, it's going to be that much sweeter. Because I'm not a fair weather fan! Rain or shine, I'll be there cheering for my homeboys.

Because I'm a loyal and loving Jazz fan I'm going to do all you other fans a solid and let you in on a little secret. I've been working on several T-shirt designs featuring the awesomeness that is the Jazz. 

I am a Jazz fan. Stay tuned for the official T-shirt launch. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. 

Kate



5 comments:

Bain Becomes a Master said...

Taking after the wonderful Hal!

braden said...

I will start off first by saying that I am a Laker fan. I have been my whole life, and will continue to be, and I make no excuses for it. Do we have fair weather and bandwagon fans? Of course. Do we have "Hollywood" fans that only care about being seen at games? Sure. But that's not my fault. That being said, I very much respect your loyalty toward the Jazz. I have always been annoyed by most Jazz fans due to ignorant comments, overly biased opinions, and jealousy of greatness. However, I appreciate fans such as yourself that stand by their team and don't feel sorry for themselves for not having the superstars, always hoping for that elusive championship. If in fact that day comes, as a whole I will not be happy for your team, but for those few quality fans I will happily offer my congratulations, as I'm sure the long wait will make it that much more exciting.

Charli said...

Well said Kate, well said. Can't wait to see what's in store with both your T-shirt & this Jazz season!
--Charli

Jen said...

Not to my surprise, I got a little emotional while reading this. The words were taken from my very mouth. My wedding vows will include something like "till Jazz do we part.". Peas4life.

Ally Cat said...

proud of my gal