Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Life in the Coal Mines

I teach 2nd grade, therefore my job can sometimes be bizarre and hilarious. A few days ago a certain girl who seriously tests my patience like no one else and if I survive the year with her should guarantee me a ticket to the celestial kingdom or at least Hawaii for the summer, said to me "Miss C. my bottom feels really big right now." God bless kids and their weird honesty, I laughed right in her face.

Ally on the other hand works with adults and one adult in particular (her boss) who I think is a riot. He calls her into his office to talk about her dating life and they end up looking up these guys she's talking about online, then he proceeds to tell her "the game plan" she should put into play. When she says phrases like, "ya but he's so cute, sometimes you have to look away he's so good looking" he responds with "zolly that's the stupidest thing you've ever said." This boss of hers also called a meeting entitled "the confessional" where he confessed to saying the s word to a client. What was the context you wonder....well don't worry this all came out in the confessional. The client and "bossman" were arguing back and forth for a long period of time, it was a heated argument and the client said, "you are a worthless employee, what is your job exactly?" The boss replied quickly with "well apparently it is to put up with your shit."

Wherever you are and whatever you're doing may you occasionally get to experience moments where you feel like you're on a Seinfeld episode.

2 comments:

becca said...

thank you for this.

Ally Cat said...

I just appreciate people telling me when I'm being an idiot and swearing at my clients. God bless full-time jobs.

P.S. My bottom feels big. Oh wait, it is.