Friday, December 16, 2011

Kids....

So my job is dealing with kids, right? Molding their minds, tolerating their weirdness, and tying their shoes is basically what my day consists of.  Part of that is picking up my little homies from the lunchroom and taking them back to the classroom. In the lunchroom, I always run in to some of my past students. It's a lot of hugging and how are yous blah blah blah. Well occasionally I run into Amanda. I taught her a few years ago and she's always been obsessed with my personal life. This is odd because most of my students think I live at the school. I have even been asked where my bed is. They don't even consider that I am a normal human being with a home and neighbors that walk in and out freely.

My run-ins with Amanda always sound like this: "Miss C., Miss C!" "Hi Amanda, how are you?" "I'm good. Miss C., are you married yet?" "No Amanda, I'm not married yet. Have a good day!" Just as I'm thinking, wow this Amanda is a freaking broken record, doesn't she know I live at the school????  Amanda decides to spice up our latest conversation with this little endearing comment, "Do you at least have a boyfriend?" And this was the face I made.


Grow up Amanda!

1 comment:

Ally Cat said...

Next time I hope she asks WHY you don't have a boyfriend. That's always a lovely kick in the crotch.