Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summertime Bliss....

Well ladies and gent (there is probably one man who reads this blog, right?) we have made it to June! June is monumental for a school teacher because it is the conclusion of another school year. Last year I was crazy about my class and sad to see them go because I looked forward to seeing them everyday. This year I felt a mixture of emotions, mostly excitement and relief because it definitely wasn't my easiest class. The years go in cycles, one great year followed by a rough year or two.  The great thing about this year was that I had a sporty class, which I loved. The homies even threw me a surprise Jazz birthday party. The amount of Jazz talk in room 116 this year was unprecedented. I loved every minute of it! Even the non sporty girls stayed involved in discussions, bonding us as a class. Everyone knew that we root for the Jazz, and when they lose we're sad, and when they win we're thrilled! I will miss our sports discussions. I will also miss the appreciation I felt from the parents. It's a rare thing to feel very appreciated for what you do. You definitely don't go into teaching for the recognition. This year the parents were off the hook! So appreciative of my work with their kids, which makes my job feel so rewarding and worthwhile.

*If you are a parent of a school aged child and you want your family to have a great reputation in the school, this is an excellent way to go about it. The faculty will be fighting over who gets your child in their class. It's also a sure way to boost your child's grades and popularity....just something to think about!

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:

Today is officially my first day of summer, let the games begin!

 Mazel.

No comments: