Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weddings and Birthdays

Shauna this is for you.

WEDDING

Last weekend Angie (old roommate/BFF) got married in Canada, so the posse went up to support our little darling. The posse included myself, Ally, and Maria (huge posse right?). Maria flew in from New York and we were on our way. I didn't take any time off work so it was a VERY short trip, to say the least. The trip consisted of driving, sitting at the border for an hour and a half, rushing to the temple to catch Ang and Allen before they left, a beautiful reception, and a much needed sleep before we turned around and came back. When we pulled up to the temple and went running after our happy couple, Angie's face lit up which made the trip totally worth it. She made a beautiful bride and I'm so glad we were able to go.

Oh and let me just give a little trip highlight. When we were approaching the border we saw this huge lineup of cars, from afar it looked like RV's and trucks mostly, so Ally just cruised her way past the line. Well we soon realized that we needed to be in that line in order to get into Canada. So imagine a mile long line of vehicles and then a stray vehicle near the front of the line with three helpless naive girls inside. So after a few minutes of waiting and wondering we rolled down our window hoping that someone would help us and let us cut in the line. Then 2 bearded Canadian men rolled down their window and proceeded to tell us how to turn around and get in the end of the line (no dice). We are approaching the ripe age of 23 I guess our flirting can't get us as far as it used to, bummer.
BIRTHDAY

It was my Mom's birthday on the 29th of April and this year my Dad decided to suprise her with a brand new car. This was HUGE because my Dad has NEVER bought a brand new car. My Mom has been wanting a Prius (so Green right?) for a while now so that's what she got, a brand new silver Prius. She could not believe it, I've never seen her so surprised. It was awesome!


Just a little taste of the border

10 comments:

Vanessa said...

Vanessa is making me leave a comment because it bugs her that I'm an inactive blogger. The car looks absolutely lovely!!!!! Hopefully the battery doesn't die. Hahahahaha. The bows looked splendid! We love you! --C&V--

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

I'll never forget the look on mom's face. Ha ha. Awesome. Dad found a new name to add to our weird name list: Starlee. So hot

Shauna said...

hey becca...great picture of the bride, im really glad we can see her!

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

Thanks Shauna!!! I didn't have any on my camera so I copied one off facebook. Ok high maintenance blog world I'll look for a better one.

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

So I'm at work. I got here about 25minutes ago...okay like 22 minutes, I was a tad late. Anyway, I just watched that video of you guys on the border and I was having trouble not laughing out loud. My fellow intern Russ kept looking at me strange. I loved every minute of it. But I especially loved that ya'll decided that Ally would make a good ferret. That makes me happy.
-Kate

Ally Cat said...

Katelyn,
what is it exactly about me being a ferret makes you so happy? Is it the fact that they have very sensitive whiskers? Or is it that they are sexually mature at 1 year old? Or perhaps it's that they are excellent diggers? Please, do tell.

Monica said...

my fellow 20th ward members--hello! I found your blog through my friend SB and I had no idea that you were friends with her! Love you girls!

Andrew and MeKenzie said...

I'm not sure how I found your blog but I am glad I did! Consider this my napkin note right back at you!
MeKenzie (moncur)

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

Allyson,
Let me explain to you more fully the reasons I'm happy about you being a ferret. Ferrets are elongated carnivorous mammels belonging to the weasel family. They have been domesticated for about 2,500 years. In some parts of the world they are used to hunt rabbits. They are alway known to mate endlessly, because of this there are restrictions on owning ferrets in regions throughout the world. I would be so bold as to state, nay proclaim, that the number one reason I think you're a ferret is that they mate endlessly. Is this sufficient enought to satisfy your question?
Lovingly,
Kate

Ally Cat said...

I never knew I had so much in common with Ferrets. YAY FERRETS!